Students coming from the following countries do not require visitor visa to enter to Colombia if they are planning to study for less than two (2) months. However once they have arrived in the country they have to ask for the “Leave to remain permit”
Germany, Andorra, Antigua y Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Slovakia, United States, Philippines, Finland, France, Greece, Guyana, Hungary, Indonesia, Iceland, Israel, Italia, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom and North Ireland, Czech Republic, Rumania, Saint Kitts y Nevis, San Marino, Santa Lucia, San Vicente y The Grenadines, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad y Tobago and Turkey.
All students who plan to study for more than two months must apply for a Temporary Student Visa in the nearest Colombian consulate or embassy, on these links, there are more information about the online process:
Students must provide the following documents
- “Request of visa” form completed and signed by the applicant
- Passport in good condition, with at least 2 blank pages.
- Copy of the passport page where appear the full name, date and place of birth of the holder, and the page containing the latest Colombian visa if any, and last entry stamp or exit of Colombia, according to the case.
- Three (3) color photographs, front view, white background 3X3 cms.
- Copy of resolution of legal recognition of the Spanish School.
- Documents showing the financial solvency of the applicant to remain in the territory.
- Copy of certificate of admission or enrollment of the Spanish School and receipt payment of the school fees.
- PLEASE NOTE No visa school support documentation will be issued until we have received the payment of the total course fees is made up front.
- Overseas students have to provide the Spanish School acceptance letter to the immigration officers upon arrival. Students might be asked for a return ticket in order to be given the leave to remain permit.
- It is advisable that the students have a medical certificate in case the immigration authorities or the Colombian embassy, ask for it.
- Once the students enter the country (regardless the required visa or not) they have 15 days to register it at the “Unidad Administrativa Especial Migración Colombia“.
Please note that a student visa does not authorized holders to carry other activities into Colombia like working or investing. To do so the person needs to ask for the respective visa.