Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
There is an enrolment fee payable on all spanish courses.
US$ 50 or Euros 50 registration fee have to be paid at the time of booking. The balance (total payment minus registration fee) is due no less than 4 weeks before the course begins.
If you register in a spanish class less than 4 weeks before course begins, the total amount must be paid in full immediately. We will not be able to confirm your registration and accommodation if you have not paid.
Bank charges for both sending and receiving banks are payable by the sender. IMPORTANT: when making your payment please ensure that you transmit sufficient funds to cover the bank charges and to cover the amount shown on the invoice at the exchange rate of the day.
Full fees must be paid in advance, once we have received your payment course fees, we will hold a place on the course and send all relevant visa documentation including a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies if applicable. Please advise us as soon as your visa is granted or refused.
- Group classes run 5 days a week from Monday to Friday, Start every Monday or Tuesday if a Monday is a public holiday in Colombia.
- New classes start every Monday, except the weeks with a bank holiday, lessons will move to start on Tuesday.
- Students cannot join a group class after Tuesday (private lessons may be an option) Class times will be confirmed on the Friday before the class commences. Payment for the following week’s class must be received before lessons start.
- One class per week might be outside of the to the school´s premises in order to promote Spanish immersion, cultural experiences and practice in various environments. This activity is considered part of the week’s class content and as such students are expected to attend and no refunds are given if a student does not want to participate.
- Each course includes: Class materials, Two Activities per week, Welcome, Course Report and Certificate.
- Length of courses: from 1 to 36 weeks.
- Classes take place from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
- Number of students per class 3 to 6 maximum.
- Minimum age for adult courses: 18 years old.
- One lesson: Lesson 50 minutes each one
Private Group Classes
In a private group class you create the group, whether it’s your friends, partner or another person with the same Spanish level. The Classes can be run for a period of 2, 3 or 4 hours a day. As it’s a private group, lessons can be customized according the group interest, there is greater flexibility on the content you wish to cover.
Skype online Spanish Lessons
Must be booked with a minimum quantity of 5 hours. Class changes must be advised with a minimum of 24 hours notice, otherwise the class will be forfeited. There are no refunds for Skype lessons.
General Notes on refunds
- No refunds are given for long-term reduced price courses for cancellation or withdrawal, less than four weeks before the start of the course except in the case of visa refusal.
- All refunds are paid minus any bank charges, minus the enrolment fee. Refunds are made to the fee-payer after deductions for any disbursements or damages
- No refunds are given for late arrivals
- No refunds are given for students who are expelled from the school for disciplinary reasons
Attendance and rescheduling
Online Lessons, Private classes and Private groups Class changes must be advised with a minimum of 12 hours notice, otherwise the class will be forfeited
Group classes: Once classes have commenced, missed days cannot be refunded, rescheduled, or transferred to another period of time or to another person. Only emergencies supported with formal written documentation will be taken into consideration for a refund or transfers.
Alteration of Bookings
We shall be happy to comply your wishes for changes in your arrangements in respect of dates, accommodation, etc., as far as possible, up to 2 weeks before the start date of your program. Any change before 2 weeks of the starting date will cost US$50 or Euros 45.
- If you wish to cancel your booking, you must do so in writing
- If you cancel no later than 4 weeks before the course begins, we retain only the registration fee and accommodation placement fee.
- If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the course begins, we reimburse you 80% of the course and lodging costs, we retain only the 20% of the course fee plus enrolment fees and accommodation placement
- If a student cancels the course 7 days or less before its course’s commencement day, the school will retain 40% of the tuition plus enrolment fees and accommodation placement
- Please remember that the banks charge a fee for wire transfer services. The student must cover it.
- If your visa is refused, please send us a copy of the visa refusal letter. On receipt of this letter, tuition fees, accommodation fees will be refunded minus the enrolment fee and accommodation placement and minus any bank charges.
- No refund is given if the course is a long-term reduced price course of 12 weeks or longer
- For other courses the tuition fees and accommodation fees will be refunded minus a one-week cancellation charge, minus the enrolment fee and minus any bank charges.
A cancellation becomes effective upon receipt by SWI of written or wired notification.
There will be no refund in the event of late arrival, leaving or being dismissed before the end of the course.
There is no refund if the student wants to leave the family, shared flat or residence during the required initial period.
Remember if you book your accommodation at the Shared flat you are renting just a room, not the whole flat.
The accommodation must always be fully paid in advance. Accommodation will be fully refunded if cancellation is made at least two weeks before classes start, we will retain just the accommodation placement fee.
Please note that there will be no refund if you book accommodation either if it is the shared flat, the family house or residence for a certain period of time and you decide to go on holidays after the accommodation begins.
Spanish World Institute fees do not include any sort of insurance. We recommend that you have your own health, accident and liability insurance with international cover before starting out on your trip.
The school is not responsible for illnesses, accidents, or problems of any kind that may occur during stay period at the school, the flat, family house or residence.
Declaration by the student
When you enroll on a course at Spanish World Institute, whether you complete a Spanish World Institute enrollment form, enroll via an agent or by other means, your act of enrolment means that you are fully in accordance with our terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
Public holidays and School closure
Tuition is not given on public In Colombia there are about 17 days of public holidays every year, most of which are on a Monday. The school will be closed on public holidays and Group Classes distributed over 4 days instead of 5.
You can consult the list of COLOMBIAN PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.